Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A mold problem can quickly arise in your home or business after a water loss, leak, or even excess humidity. In just 48 hours, mold can grow and spread throughout your home or business. SERVPRO of Northwest Knoxville has the training, expertise, and equipment needed to properly remove and remediation your mold damage. There is no such thing as a loss too large for your crew to handle. If you suspect or have discovered a potential mold infestation in your home or business, don't hesitate and give SERVPRO of Northwest Knoxville a call!
Check out the list down below to see important Do's and Don'ts to consider until SERVPRO help arrives.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (865) 691-3253
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Northwest Knoxville for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northwest Knoxville has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Cedar Bluff
- West Hills
- Cumberland Estates
- Walker Springs
- Pleasant Ridge
- West Haven